How To: Get started with XPG
This is the first article in a series that will walk you through using all of the features XPG Live has to offer.
Before you can begin using XPG you’ll need to have an XPG Live account.
Once you’ve registered or logged in you will see your name and a “Log Off” option. XPG Live is Gravatar enabled, so if the email address used in registration is associated to a Gravatar account, there is no need to upload a profile image.
To get to the management area of XPG, you just click on your name or image. When you first arrive in the management section you will have the following tabs available to you “Profile”, “Relationships”, “Messages”, and “Settings”.
- The “Profile” page is where you can update basic information (i.e. email, password, name, location, etc.)
- The “Relationships” page is where you can send a friend request or respond to incoming requests
- The “Messages” page is how you can communicate with your friends on XPG Live.
- The “Settings” page allows you to manage profile visibility, notifications, and social accounts. This is where you would go to link a social account if you did not use it to register.
The following steps are intended for developers that are making an XPG Live enabled game.
You will find the “Become a Developer” button near the bottom of the screen on “Profile” page.
After you click this button, you will notice that several of the profile fields have been marked as required. Fill out the additional required information and click the “Save” button.
When the “Please wait…” indicator goes away, you will have the following additional tabs:
- The “Publish” page – Manage your publisher specific information
- The “Games” page – Manage or create games
- The “Leaderboards” page – manage or create leaderboards for your game
- The “Achievements” page – manage or create achievements for your game
- The “Announcements” page – manage or create announcements for your game
Let’s take a closer look at these pages
The Publish Page
Highlighted in orange is the dropdown that lists all the publishers you own or have access to see. This dropdown also contains a “New Publisher” entry that will allow you to add a publisher.
Highlighted in red is a check box that will indicate the publisher is being created for testing purposes and data associated to it will not be mixed with live data.
The Games Page
Use the “Publishers” dropdown to select the publisher you want to edit a game for
Highlighted in orange is a dropdown that lists all the games associated to the selected publisher. This dropdown also contains a “New Game” entry that will allow you to add a game to the selected publisher.
Highlighted in red is a check box that will indicate the game is being created for testing purposes and data associated to it will not be mixed with live data. This check box is checked and disabled if the publisher is a test only publisher.
Highlighted in green are the game features. Be sure that you check the box for each feature that your game will use.
Highlighted in yellow is the “Add Language” button. This button opens the language selection dialog (below). Check the check boxes next to each language you would like to provide a translation for and those tabs will be added to the property that the “Add Language” button was clicked from.
Below are the additional views for each game
The “Access Key” tab – allows you to add versions of your game
The “Platforms” tab – manage the platforms that your game will be available on and enter your games id from the platform specific store and click “Refresh” button for that platform
The “Images” tab – shows the images that XPG Live automatically imports for you from the platform specific stores
The Leaderboards Page
Highlighted in red are the actions for leaderboard.
From the left:
- Edit Leaderboard – displays the leaderboard editing window (below)
- Reset Leaderboard – clears scores posted to that leaderboard and cannot be undone
- Delete Leaderboard – removes the leaderboard from the game
The Achievements Page
Highlighted in red are the actions for achievement.
From the left:
- Edit Achievement – displays the achievement editing window (below)
- Reset Achievement – clears all users from having earned the achievement and cannot be undone
- Delete Achievement – removes the achievement from the game
The Announcements Page
Highlighted in red are the actions for announcement.
From the left:
- Edit Announcement – displays the edit announcement dialog (below)
- Delete Announcement – removes the announcement from the game
Stay tuned for more in this How To series on XPG Live!
7 Responses to “How To: Get started with XPG”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.